Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have trouble with digestion, my stomach often growls very

I have trouble with digestion, my stomach often growls very

Patient: I have trouble with digestion, my stomach often growls very loudly after I have eaten. I cannot seem to go properly having to visit the toilet several times to alieviate the noise and discomfort.I have some allergies and intolerances of which I’m trying to avoid but I do not have detailed enough information regarding. What my triggers are.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You are not alone suffering with this problem, there are many people who undergo the sam e. The causes for this are plenty.Most common causes include indigestion, carbohydrate intolerance , high body mass index or obesity, altered lipid metabolism, consumption of alcohol, smoking and spicy food on a daily basis. Some people have very sluggish bowel movements without an established cause. Gall bladder stones, lack of exercise and a type B personality can be contributory factors. Irritable bowel disease can also be a factor. Most of it can be blamed on the diet you consume. Plenty of oil and dairy products and high carbohydrate can cause this as well.Here are a few measures to help you.Follow a disciplined lifestyle.Get up early and go to bed early.Drink at least 3 to 4 litres of water a day.Include plenty of greens in your diet as well as a high fibre diet.Drink warm water which will increase the motility of the intestines.Also make sure that you limit the carbohydrate in your diet. Limit dairy products as well.Try working out atleast 3 to 4 days a week.Check your blood glucose levels and rule out high blood sugars.Reduce stress and smoking.By all these measures you will surely get rid of the problem you have.Hope this helps.Feel free to contact us for further clarification.Regards