Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have two and half month old baby,, suffering from

I have two and half month old baby,, suffering from

Patient: I have two and half month old baby,, suffering from cold and cough and doctor advised him to take half a pill of septran can some one advise please

Doctor: HelloThank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”It’s common to have cold and flu in Infants. The Doctor might might have suggested half a tablet of Septran suspecting infection. Antibiotics are not always warranted in cold and flu. Symptomatic treatment is sufficient. Doctor might have also suggested anti-cold syrup for baby.It is always better to show patient to qualified Doctor or Paediatrician and then only take medicines.Hope this helps.Wish you a speedy recovery.