I have two and half month old baby,, suffering from

Patient : I have two and half month old baby,, suffering from cold and cough and doctor advised him to take half a pill of septran can some one advise please
Doctor :   Hello Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor” It’s common to have cold and flu in Infants. The Doctor might might have suggested half a tablet of Septran suspecting infection. Antibiotics are not always warranted in cold and flu. Symptomatic treatment is sufficient. Doctor might have also suggested anti-cold syrup for baby. It is always better to show patient to qualified Doctor or Paediatrician and then only take medicines. Hope this helps. Wish you a speedy recovery.