I have two lump near my left tonsil One white,

Q: I have two lump near my left tonsil. One white, one more flesh coloured. Both look roundish and both have blood vessels on/in them. Worried about Cancer...

I have two lump near my lef...-1

Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.com

I reviewed the picture, and this does not look like cancer.
The bumps you are talking about, seem to be a reactionary swelling, which can happen due to repeated infections. Even the pharynx looks to be congested, and that indicates a current infection. The tongue is extremely coated.

The blood vessels that you are seeing, are visible because of the inflammation. I need to ask you the about the duration of these bumps. Do you have throat pain or any recent history of throat pain? Any previous history of tonsillitis before?

You need to consult your physician who can start you on appropriate antibiotics. A good choice antibiotic in such cases would be Augmentin, a combination of amoxicillin and clavulanic acid and is the first choice antibiotic for throat infections. The recommended adult dose is 650 mg twice daily for 7-10 days. You need to clean your tongue gently, as this also provided constant nidus for infections. Besides the antibiotic, I will recommend you do saline water or betadine gargling 3-4 times daily, as this will bring down the inflammation as well as the swelling.

Hope this was helpful,
Feel free to discuss further,

Patient: Hi. Thanks for the answer. No throat pain, but there is an annoying sensation of a 'hair' on the back of my tongue. This is predominately on the left hand side, but I also occasionally feel it on the right (90/10%).

The two lumps I'm referring to are at the bottom of the left tonsil, one pretty much hidding behind the other. The back one has been (visually) diagnosed as a mucous retention cyst, but I'm not sure if the front one was as large as it is now when I saw him 2 weeks ago. It's really the front one that's my biggest concern as I can't see its mirror image on the right tonsil? Also the fact that the left tonsil appears slightly larger than the left - it's been this way for at least 2 weeks.

Doctor: Hello,
Yes, the annoying hair feeling is because of the lump.
Did the physician recommend any treatment? If he confirmed after examination a diagnosis of retention cyst, then he must have prescribed medicines for it. It is difficult to say from the picture whether the bigger swelling is a retention cyst too. It could be a tonsillar abscess, and it needs a thorough examination by ENT specialist. In either case, the saline water gargling, and the antibiotic is the first recommended line of management. So if you are not on antibiotics, kindly request your physician tp prescribe you so.

Patient: Ok. Thanks doctor.

I am not on any medications right now, and both my primary dr and ENT were happy to just leave the cyst be...

I'll get onto the saline mouthwash and see a dr next week.

Just to confirm - this doesn't look anything like Cancer? (I have had Heath anxiety and it's driving me crazy!). Thanks for your help.
Doctor: No, this does not look like cancer.
However, you definitely need antibiotic soon. It should not progress to an abscess making the healing a lot difficult.