Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have two questiona actually I keep getting these headaches

I have two questiona actually I keep getting these headaches

Patient: I have two questiona actually I keep getting these headaches that are come from my upper neck and onto my temples but before I get these headaches I get really light headed and get a dry mouth, do you know what it is? My other question is that I have scoliosis and I keep getting sharp pains in my lower left side of my back could it be from my scoliosis?

Symptoms: Headaches, sharp pain, light headed, dry mouth

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.I have read your query in detail and I understand your concern.Your description classica lly fits into tension headache.The Tension Headaches usually present with heaviness in head , band-like sensation over the head and disturbed sleep.You should however see your doctor who will evaluate you for other organic causes of headache and if he feels he will get your MRI Brain done.Also, you should get your eyesight tested. Tension Headaches are treated with anti-depressants like Tricyclic antidepressant Amitriptyline Or SSRI like Escitalopram.These medicines are also going to help you with scoliosis issues.You should try to keep your stress levels low and try to be happy. You should also start meditation that will help you in getting rid of these headaches.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy