I have type 1 diabetes and I'm currently finding blood in stools

Q: I have type 1 diabetes and I'm currently finding blood in my stool, my iron levels in 3 months has gone from 23.4 to 16.3, I'm getting a colonoscopy next week, is this a concern?

A:   Hello
Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor”

Well, it doesn’t appear that so are having sore throat of bacterial origin because you are already taking long-acting penicillin and your CRP is normal.
If the bacteria are drug resistant, they will be evident in throat swab examination.
There could be other reasons for sore throat like allergic inflammation. Your weight loss and weakness needs to be investigated to find out any other disease entity.
Please see your doctor, who will take your history, carry out a physical examination and may suggest some investigations to arrive at diagnosis.
Actually there may not be a direct relationship with Type I diabetes with bleeding PR but glucose control is must, to avoid sites of infections.

Wish you a good health.