Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have upper right quadrant pain

I have upper right quadrant pain

Patient: I have upper right quadrant pain i have had a ct, ultra sound and a gallbladder enjection fraction scan. They all came back normal. I also get nausea after I eat and usually have diarrhea.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.You seem to be having gastritis or even an irritable bowel. Since the tests have been d one and come back negative, which is very good, the causes could be psychological as well. Suggest you to avoid stress and practice deep breathing and meditation. Drink plenty of water daily and have a nutritious meal. Avoid junk food and oily food as well. Tea, coffee, smoking, and alcohol must be avoided.Physical exercise daily for 30 minutes helps a lot. Also, make sure you sleep for 8 hours a day.Hope this helped.Regards