Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have used anabolic steroids before. is it safe for me?

I have used anabolic steroids before. is it safe for me?

Patient: I have used anabolic steroids before….is it safe for me to use Duromine to lose fat around the waist area

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Duromine is a highly controv ersial drug and is not available without a prescription.It has a lot of side effects, so it is only advisable in patients who are morbidly obese.There is no interaction between your previous history of steroid use and Duromine.But, I will advise you better avoid it unless your BMI is over 30. If you still want to go ahead, make sure, you start the drug under your local physician who can constantly monitor you for side effects.Hope this was helpful,Regards.