Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have uti symptoms but no infectionDr prescribed cipro for

I have uti symptoms but no infectionDr prescribed cipro for

Patient: I have uti symptoms but no infection.Dr prescribed cipro for three days.I stop taking my birth control pills and vitamins because I didn’t want it to interfere with the antibiotics.I finish the antibiotics now I’m spotting and have diarrhea

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Stopping the birth control pills can lead to withdrawal ble eding.And diarrhea is a common side effect of ciprofloxacin.After stopping the ciprofloxacin diarrhea may decrease soon. If persists better to take antidiarrheal drugs with your doctor’s advice.After regularization of birth control pills intake intermenstrual spotting can be decreased.Take care