I have Venous Insufficiency and have developed skin discolor

Patient

Q: I have Venous Insufficiency and have developed skin discoloration around the area of the ulcers. I already went to multiple doctors and was told the treatment of wearing socks, leg elevating and etc. My question is, is this discoloration normally permanent or can it be treated?

I have Venous Insufficiency...-1
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and picture.
The discoloration is usually temporary and there is always a chance of improvement only if you are treated correctly.

I would advise in such a case the following:
Consult a vascular or a General Surgeon, get venous color doppler examination and ask the radiologist to put a marker on the incompetent veins and valves and get operated ASAP. Do not delay. Rest of the treatment to be continued as you have mentioned above.

I hope this answers your query.