Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have very dark hyperpigmented smile lines It has been

I have very dark hyperpigmented smile lines It has been

Patient: I have very dark hyperpigmented smile lines. It has been there for more than 3 years now. Sometimes they become light, but somehow they can become extremely dark. I am using 4%hydroquinone on them and they dont seem t9 fade. I dont understand why they never go away. Please help.

Symptoms: Hyperpigmentaion

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have pigmentation because of vitamin deficiency. You need to take a lot of water daily to help with the recovery.Also, take multivitamin tablets to help you with the healing process. The vitamins that help with the recovery are Vitamin A, C and E.I hope this helps you. All the best.