I have very frequent urination when I drink anything but water.

Patient

Q: I have very frequent urination when I drink anything but water. Days that I only drink water I don't have much of an issue. On other days like today though I will urinate (very little fluid I might add) and it will have a tingling/burning sensation. After I leave the restroom almost minutes later it will feel like something is pushing on my bladder and I feel have that same tingling/burning sensation in my urethra. It will feel like I am about to urinate on myself, but when I use the restroom only a few drops come out. I don't know if this will help but I am sexually active and my age is 19. This frequent urination has happened for probably a month, but when I first felt them I got checked for a bladder infection but it came back negative.

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

All the symptoms, that you mentioned are suggestive of a bladder infection. You need to repeat your urine routine as well as urine culture. Sometimes it becomes really difficult to diagnose bladder infections, as the organism can be missed in the culture.
Hence, you can discuss with your Physician and start an antibiotic course prophylactically. A good choice antibiotic for such chronic infections would be Tab. Cotrimoxazole (TMP-SMX), to be taken twice daily for 10-14 days depending on the severity.

Apart from this, I will also advice you to get a CT KUB done and follow-up with a urologist for further management.

Hope this was helpful.