Ask The Doctor > Pending > I have very painful bumps on both sides of my

I have very painful bumps on both sides of my

Patient: I have very painful bumps on both sides of my labia. They’re all in a row. They hurt to touch and I also can’t even lay on my side when I sleep because it hurts so bad. They’re super irritated and inflamed. I do shave, so I don’t know if they could be ingrown hairs or not. And my boyfriend also performed really rough, painful oral sex on me about 5 days ago along with vaginal sex. Could that cause bumps like that? I realize that having something like that is a huge concern, so I scheduled an appointment with a gynecologist, but it’s 2 weeks away. I’m in a lot of pain and was just wondering what I could do to ease the pain until my appointment and what this possibly could be?

Doctor: