Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have wat it looks like a badly infected blackhead

I have wat it looks like a badly infected blackhead

Patient: If i have wat it looks like a badly infected blackhead Right below the inerside of my eye which is swelling my eye and causing pain.EDIT:been there for 3 days and its getting worse. should i go to the doctor

Doctor: HiThank you for the question,Many of the viruses, bacteria, parasites, and fungi that can invade the human body a re also capable of attacking the surface or interior of the eye.Common symptoms of keratitis and other frontal eye infections are:-pain, itching, or sensation of a foreign body in the eye-photosensitivity (aversion to bright light)-redness or small red lines in the white of the eye-discharge of yellow pus that may be crusty on waking up – a possible sign of bacterial infection-tears-swollen eyelids-constant involuntary blinking (blepharospasm).It is important to consult a Doctor. I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.