I have what looks like some kind or boil or

Patient : I have what looks like some kind or boil or infection on my inner thigh
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. Read and understood that you have some kind of boil or infection on your thigh. I would suggest you the following: -Clean the whole area with Liquid Povidone Iodine at least twice daily. -Get an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine for early recovery. This is important because the infection can spread very fast in thigh due to the movement, fat contents, potential spaces and so on. - You need a valid prescription, hence it is important to consult a Doctor as you are examined also and ordered some investigations like blood sugar and so on. I hope this answer helps you.

Related Q&A

Q: I have this lesions on my gum, i attached pictures. What are these lesions on my gum. Are they serious?

Q: I had high risk exposure and had swollen lymph nodes in 2 weeks. I test for hiv at 2, 3, 6 and 8 months and came out ...

Q: I have a tailors bunion on my right pinky toe. It is extremely painful wearing certain types of shoes. If I choose to...

Q: Children high cholesterol, high lipo A. What type of doctor we should visit and what thype of treatment?

Q: I had my implant removed a week ago i have been very ill when i had it taken out i am still a bit poorly how long unt...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon