Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have what looks like some kind or boil or

I have what looks like some kind or boil or

Patient: I have what looks like some kind or boil or infection on my inner thigh

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood that you have some kind of boil or infection on your thigh.I would suggest you the following:-Clean the whole area with Liquid Povidone Iodine at least twice daily.-Get an antibiotic and anti-inflammatory medicine for early recovery. This is important because the infection can spread very fast in thigh due to the movement, fat contents, potential spaces and so on.- You need a valid prescription, hence it is important to consult a Doctor as you are examined also and ordered some investigations like blood sugar and so on.I hope this answer helps you.