I have white lumps going down my throat and my

Patient

Q: I have white lumps going down my throat and my tonsils are also swollen and have white lumps that look like blisters. I have severe allergies that I constantly take OTC meds for, and I am having draining/thick mucus. My lymph nodes and glands are swollen in my neck. However, my throat doesn't feel sore or hurt (like with strep). I am concerned that this could be tonsillitis or an oral std. What do you think?

Symptoms:  Swollen glands/lymph nodes; White lumps on throat; swollen tonsils with white lumps; white/yellow mucus.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I think that this is most likely to be tonsilitis. If you get recurrent tonsilitis, a Doctor may recommend their removal. Either way, you would need to see a Doctor to get antibiotics to help you with the cure. All the best.

Hope this helps you