Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I have yellow discharge and it doesn’t burn when I

I have yellow discharge and it doesn’t burn when I

Patient: I have yellow discharge and it doesn’t burn when I pee but sometimes I have a distinct smell what could it be

Doctor: Hi.Yellow discharge in always due to infection and may or may not be associated with burning urination.I would adv ise in such a situation the following:Get your Specialist Doctor’s opinion on detailed examination and request for gram staining, culture and sensitivity of the urine as well as the discharge. This will help you in future treatment.-Get a proper course of an antibiotic, metronidazole, probiotic.-Local cleaning with liquid povidone iodine helps.- Take plenty of water orally.-Get your sexual partner treated.This will make you surely cured.