I haven't been able to obtain or keep an erection

Patient

Q: I haven't been able to obtain or keep an erection for some months now. Once erect I lose it quickly or ejaculate before we start. What could be my problem

Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

It seems that you have premature ejaculation. You can try the following to help you:
Use a condom with local anesthetic that will reduce the sensation during sex and prolong the act
Count backwards from 100 by subtracting 7 or some other number to ensure that you are not too excited during sex.

If this does not help you, please see a Doctor to help. Wishing you the best.