I haven't been able to obtain or keep an erection

Patient : I haven't been able to obtain or keep an erection for some months now. Once erect I lose it quickly or ejaculate before we start. What could be my problem
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. It seems that you have premature ejaculation. You can try the following to help you: Us e a condom with local anesthetic that will reduce the sensation during sex and prolong the act Count backwards from 100 by subtracting 7 or some other number to ensure that you are not too excited during sex. If this does not help you, please see a Doctor to help. Wishing you the best.