I haven't been checked for diabetes but bought a blood sugar monitor

Patient

Q: I haven't been checked for diabetes but bought a blood sugar monitor today before I ate this morning blood sugar was 86 than ate some soup n milk than 3hrs later checked again and it was 84..is that bad and what can I do to raise it filling weak and sweaty

Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

The value which you noted down in the morning can be considered to be your fasting and the reading is normal.

The value recorded after 3 hours of eating is again normal, as the sugar levels are normal within 2 hours after eating a meal, provided the insulin is adequate.

So your sugar levels are not alarmingly low, they are within normal limits.
However, I will advise you to get it evaluated properly, with a repeat FBS and PPBS ( 2 hours after meals ).
If the values are found to be low, dietary modifications can be done to ensure glucose levels are adequate. Also, get a CBC done to rule out anemia.

Hope this was helpful,