I haven't been checked for diabetes but bought a blood sugar monitor

Patient : I haven't been checked for diabetes but bought a blood sugar monitor today before I ate this morning blood sugar was 86 than ate some soup n milk than 3hrs later checked again and it was 84..is that bad and what can I do to raise it filling weak and sweaty
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. The value which you noted down in th e morning can be considered to be your fasting and the reading is normal. The value recorded after 3 hours of eating is again normal, as the sugar levels are normal within 2 hours after eating a meal, provided the insulin is adequate. So your sugar levels are not alarmingly low, they are within normal limits. However, I will advise you to get it evaluated properly, with a repeat FBS and PPBS ( 2 hours after meals ). If the values are found to be low, dietary modifications can be done to ensure glucose levels are adequate. Also, get a CBC done to rule out anemia. Hope this was helpful, Regards