I haven't been feeling well on and off from a week

Patient

Q: I haven't been feeling well on and off for the past week or so. I had sex last week as well. This week I was supposed to get my period but I haven't yet. I don't know if the reason for me not having my period yet is due to me feeling ill, stress, or possibly being pregnant. How can I tell if I'm pregnant or not?

Doctor

Thanks for the query,

If you have already missed your periods by more than 7 days now, then it is best to perform a urine pregnancy test to rule out pregnancy. If the test is negative then the symptoms can be attributed to premenstrual syndrome indicating that your menses are to start in next few days and the delay has possibly been caused by stress-related hormonal imbalances.
I hope I have answered your query.

Wishing you good health,