I haven't been sexually active,in about a year But I

Patient

Q: I haven't been sexually active,in about a year. But I masturbate on a regular basis everyday. When I am finish and I use the bathroom there is a burning. It only happens when I use the bathroom, is this normal?

Doctor

A:   Hi,

Sometimes masturbation can lead to urethritis or urinary-tract infection.
If pain during micturition persists, better to get evaluated.
Clinical examination, urine for microscopy, urine culture and sensitivity etc can help in finding the possibility of urinary tract infection, causative organism and its sensitivity to drugs and treatment can be planned accordingly.

Take care.