Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I haven’t been sexually active,in about a year But I

I haven’t been sexually active,in about a year But I

Patient: I haven’t been sexually active,in about a year. But I masturbate on a regular basis everyday. When I am finish and I use the bathroom there is a burning. It only happens when I use the bathroom, is this normal?

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Sometimes masturbation can lead to urethritis or urinary-tr act infection.If pain during micturition persists, better to get evaluated.Clinical examination, urine for microscopy, urine culture and sensitivity etc can help in finding the possibility of urinary tract infection, causative organism and its sensitivity to drugs and treatment can be planned accordingly.Take care.