I havent gotten my period on its regular cycle

Patient

Q: I havent gotten my period on its regular cycle since i have took the depo birth control shot once and never again , and been trying to concieve and cant do i still ovulate?

Doctor

If you have been off depot injection already and since have not been able to have regular menses and have been unable to conceive as well, then depot is not to be blamed actually. You may need to be evaluated for your hormonal profile and an ultrasound pelvis to look for any mechanical causes or PCOS, polycystic ovaries with hyperandrogenemia or hypothyroidism or insulin resistance, all of which can cause delayed infrequent menses which can dysregulate the ovulation cycle.
It is suggested that you should visit your physician soon for a detailed examination and try to opt for ovulation kits usage to time your ovulation properly and then try for timed intercourse accordingly. This shall improve your chances of conceiving if all is normal in results.
I hope I have answered you query in detail.

Wishing you good health.