Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I havent gotton my period and i am sexually active

I havent gotton my period and i am sexually active

Patient: I havent gotton my period and i am sexually active and im not on any contraception and want to know what can i do to get my period or wat tablets cn i takeWill lynestrol to that for me ?!?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.The firs thing that you have to do on missing a period when you have been sexually acti ve and not on contraception is doing a pregnancy test. If the test is negative for pregnancy, you will have to see a gynecologist for an investigation to rule out other causes of missed periods like anemia, stress, hormonal imbalances, thyroid dysfunction, etc. This will help in the treatment plan and the doctor can start you on hormones for withdrawal bleeding accordingly.Though lynestrenol is a contraceptive pill or a progesterone hormone, it should be only used after ruling out pregnancy and other factors and in the dose suggested by the treating doctor.Hope this helped.Regards