I haven't had a peroid for 2 months

Patient

Q: I haven't had a peroid for 2 months and have the noraplant could I be prego

Doctor

Norplant is a progesterone implant and is now to produce oligomenorrhoea / delayed menses / or even amenorrhoea. This is secondary to the effect of progesterone which is constantly released in the body by Norplant to maintain constant high levels and produce anovulation or simply prevent ovulation, which may lead to hence prevent pregnancy.
You may get a urine pregnancy test done, once confirmed negative, then you really don't need to do anything, as it's the normal effect of implant. Your menses shall become scanty as in some ladies and you may experience some intermenstrual spotting for 3-4 months after the implant.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.