I haven't had my period for a couple of months

Q: I haven't had my period for a couple of months now but I know I'm not pregnant as I've taken several pregnancy tests - also when I go to the toilet and wipe myself, there's sort of brown discharge - is there something seriously wrong with me?

A:   Hi,

Irregularities in menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes like lifestyle modifications, polycystic ovary disease, gonadal hormonal imbalance, thyroid hormonal imbalance, prolactin level changes, general conditions like anemia etc.
As all the urine pregnancy tests gave negative results, the possibility of pregnancy is less.
The brown spotting you are having could be intermenstrual spotting due to hormonal imbalance.
As you didn't get proper periods since few months, better to get evaluated.
So, please do consult your doctor, get examined and go for investigations like ultrasound, gonadal hormonal profile, thyroid hormonal profile, prolactin levels, hemoglobin and blood sugar levels estimation etc.
With this workup, the possible cause of your problem can be identified and treated.
Hope this helps.
Take care.