I hit my forhead extremely hard yesterday it's extremely sor

Q: I hit my forhead extremely hard yesterday it's extremely sore how do I know when to see a doctor

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

This headache (soreness) after concussion is very common.
If after the concussion episode, you developed any transient loss of consciousness, bleeding from ear, nose, throat, then you would require CT head.
If there is any perilesional edema seen on CT/MRI due to concussion, that can cause headache.
if edema is there, he would require syrup Glycerol to reduce the intracranial pressure due to edema which might be causing headache.
If your CT was clear, then is Post concussion headache.
If you have it in a severe way, you would require to take SSRI like Escitalopram for a few days.
However, it goes away with time.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy