I hit my left elbow on something and it hurts

Patient : I hit my left elbow on something and it hurts whenever I try to bend it. I have ice on it right now and it tingles in my hand
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. I believe that you have an injury of the elbow or the soft tissue of the elbow. This has caused a swelling of the elbow area and numbness of the area because of compression of a nerve. Icing the area is correct and then heating the area will promote blood flow and repair. By this way, you will achieve a cure quickly. Hope this helps you. All the best.