I hVe taken two extra days worth of levlen ed

Patient

Q: I hVe taken two extra days worth of levlen ed for birth control by mistake and just wanted to no if i should wait two days amd use other means of protection in the meantime or just comtinue with the tablet. I have no discomfort just a bit of period looking disharge.

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thanks for the query
There is no need to stop the pills. You can continue the same as scheduled. There is no need to use additional contraception. It should only be used when you miss a pill from the schedule. In the case of easy bleeding see your doctor soon. We may need to add on other hormonal pills to stop the bleeding. Do not discontinue on your own, doing this can lead to withdrawal or breakthrough bleeding.
Hope this helps