I injured my knee 10 days ago and am still

Q: I injured my knee 10 days ago and am still in severe pain and still have stability and weakness problems. X-ray was negative and Mri impression reads "mri of left knee demonstrates focal 4x5 mm linear high signal within deep portion of the articular cartilage over the mid medial patellar facet consistent with deep chondral delamination... And proximal patellar tendinosis." What does this mean and when will the pain stop? I'm a very active 34 year old that has missed work and been stuck in bed...

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You have got injury of your left knee. X-rays are normal. MRI shows there is chondral defect (means articular cartilage is broken) in Medial patellar facet ( inner side i. e. towards other limb) of patella ( bone on front of knee) . Glucosamine and analgesic such as ibuprofen is helpful. It is likely to take nearly 2 months to completely heal. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care