I injured my leg a few months ago, by hitting

Patient

Q: I injured my leg a few months ago, by hitting my knee cap on to the beveled edge of a loading ramp. Now whenever I take bike rides, I feel soft pain and then after a while the pain changes to an extreme pain in my kneecap. I can feel it in the whole area, as well as on the backside of the leg were the knee bends. Any ideas what it may be. Thank you in advance for your help.

Symptoms:  Light pain. Changes to extreme pain, where leg movement becomes very difficult and painful. As well as having difficulty walking for a day or so after.
Doctor