I injured myself about 6 weeks ago while I was

Q: I injured myself about 6 weeks ago while I was triple jumping in track. My coaches said that I may have torn my ACL but my doctor said he doesn't think I did and I shouldn't need an MRI. I was on crutches for about 4-5 weeks and after that, I just wore a knee brace. It did hurt a lot and it was very swollen and it was hard to walk. Now I am not wearing a knee brace but at times my knee feels very unstable and shakey. Whenever I sit cross legged it hurts a lot too. I need to elevate my knee when I sit cross legged. My doctor said I just sprained my knee, but this doesn't feel like I sprained it. Does anyone know what may have happened to it and why it hurts so much when I sit and why it feels unstable at times when I walk?

Symptoms:  Symptoms: knee hurts, less swollen than before but still swollen