I just came home from my boyfriends house and we

Patient

Q: I just came home from my boyfriends house and we had sex, well when I came home and went to the bathroom, there was some blood when I wiped. This has happened once before but not for a while. What does this spotting after sex mean?

Doctor

There are many causes for spotting after sex. The important ones being friction at sex due to lack of lubrication leading to bleeding, cervical infections, erosions and even early cervical cancer. It is ideal to consult a gynecologist for an examination and get a pap smear done to rule out the above causes and get them treated accordingly.

Hope this helped.