Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I JUST found out I am 8 weeks pregnant and

I JUST found out I am 8 weeks pregnant and

Patient: I JUST found out I am 8 weeks pregnant and up until that day have taken long hot baths, multiple times a week (almost every day). My first appt and ultrasound is not for another two weeks because they are so busy!!! I’m gong crazy with worry and fear.

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.There is no need to worry about having had so many hot baths in pregnancy. It is not go ing to cause any harm to your baby. Make sure you pat your hair dry every time after the wash so that you do not end up with sinusitis or cold.Hope this helps.Regards