I just found out I have gallstones They sent me

Patient: I just found out I have gallstones. They sent me home with pain meds and said that I could schedule an appointment with a surgent if I wanted it removed. I’ve noticed my pee is dark yellow so I’ve been drinking water and although it helps lighten my pee up sometimes when I go it goes right back to bringin dark again. So far I have no other symptoms except the dark urine. Should I go back into the ER?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Obviously yes, you should go back to the ER and insist for further investigations of CT abdomen or MRCP as there is a possibility of obstruction to the bile ducts in the form of a stone or a cancer.And to have review of the blood investigations particularly the Liver function tests.ERCP may also be necessary and you may need urgent intervention.I hope this answer helps you.