Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I just found out I was pregnant and I’m 13

I just found out I was pregnant and I’m 13

Patient: I just found out I was pregnant and I’m 13 weeks and a couple of days ago I took xanx and cocaine will that harm my baby

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.XANAX and COCAINE are known to cause congenital defects in foetuses in the early first trimester. It is important that you undergo a targeted anomaly scan or nuchal translucency test or NT SCAN to look for soft markers of ANEUPLOIDIES or shall perform USG to look for limb defects if present.Once the growth is established and defects are ruled out, you may contemplate continuation of pregnancy or if it’s an unwanted pregnancy, then you can opt for medical abortion under supervision.I hope I have answered your query in detail.Wishing you good health.Regards