I just found out im 10 weeks pregnant

Q: Hi. I just found out im 10 weeks pregnant recently and i want to keep the baby. Im 26, im pretty fit so i never noticed any difference in my body, i also have iregular periods so i thought that was the case. I eat healthy as much as possible and i havent drank alcohol heavy not since valentines day this year. I scheduled an appointment to my midwife which is april 9 but i still need to get this off my chest so i decided to try this forum. I recently went to a festival that plays loud music for about 8 hours. I didnt do anything strong because i was actually trying to practice being sober since tthe beginning of the new year. I decided to have one glass of white wine, about 3mg or less of adderall, and i had a piece of a mushroom the size of a dime (i had a body high for less than 40min - no hallucinations) i actually did not enjoy that because i regret breaking my oath to stay sober i 2015 so that day helped me realize how stupid it was to take anything. i found out i was pregnant two weeks later. Ive been doing research on the intake of mushrooms with the combiniation of other things and its making me worry. Im wondering if i should terminate the baby because of my stupidity..i was plannjng to be sober without knowing about my pregnancy and i gave in to my old ways but thankfully in small ammounts. I hear the baby is forming his brain now and i dont want to bring this child to this world if i gave him any sort of birth defect. Please -- is there any doctors that can give me some sort of insight? I was a fool not to take a pregnancy test sooner..

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion.

Now that you have been tested positive for pregnancy recently and as you have missed your menses since last 10 weeks you presume the pregnancy to be of 10 weeks. The episode of you taking wine, address and small bite of mushroom 2 weeks before you learnt you were pregnant was indeed not the right thing to do in pregnancy at all but considering that the amounts were really small and you were not intoxicated with the dosage, the likelihood of foetus getting affected and becoming mentally challenged after birth is unlikely or having contracted a birth defect is superfluous after a single episode. the nature has its own way of selection and if the foetus would have developed a birth defect or would have been rendered unfit for survival then you would have experienced spotting or threatened abortion and the growth would have stopped.

Though the confirmation of viability can be made only after an ultrasound pelvis after visualising baby's heart beat and an estimation of time of conception and relative growth can be made as well, but there are various checkpoints during the pregnancy and various tests ( quadruple tests, level 2 scan) available which can detect any aneuploidy or congenital defect well in time before safe abortion may be performed under supervision if need be. So it is suggested that you should meet your nurse and get the scan done first before taking any decision.

I think you can feel light and not carry the weight anymore as the chances of your act affecting your child is relatively less.

I hope I have answered your query n detail,
wishing you safe pregnancy,