Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I just found out im pregnant i was in a

I just found out im pregnant i was in a

Patient: I just found out im pregnant i was in a car accident prior to the accident and im only 4 weeks but my back and spine hurts so bad from the accident of being rear ended and i also had previous back pain from another car accident in the past is it safe to say i wont have problems carry the baby since my spine hurts so bad

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If there are no structural injuries to spine and your neuro logical function is normal, you may continue the pregnancy by taking symptomatic treatment for spinal pain.If you are having any neurological issue, if pain is unbearable and if the pregnancy is not very precious, you may go for abortion with your doctor’s advice.Once your general condition improves you can plan for pregnancy again.Take care