Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I just found out that my girlfriend is about 2

I just found out that my girlfriend is about 2

Patient: I just found out that my girlfriend is about 2 weeks pregnant. She does not want the baby. But she also doesn’t want to get an abortion. Is there a safe way to cause a miscarriage?

Doctor: Welcome to Ask The Doctor.We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.The only safe way to go f or abortion is medical termination of pregnancy (MTP) in a doctor’s office. You would require to see a gynaecologist, who would help her in terminating the pregnancy.Don’t attempt abortion without your doctor’s guidance by collecting the information through internet as during abortion, there is a risk of bleeding which might get aggravated, so a doctor’s guidance is must for MTP.Share my opinion with your doctor.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy