I just gave my boyfriend a blow job for the first time.

Patient

Q: I just gave my boyfriend a blow job for the first time. I had no problem with his semen or anything worse at the time. I wasn't grossed out, I didn't trigger my gag reflex. But soon after I got a bad headache and felt very sick to my stomach and eventually vomited in the middle of the night. I'm just starting to feel a little better and it's been 24 hours. I wasn't sick before hand at all. And neither was he so it isn't like I caught anything from him. Could I be allergic to his sperm? That's what my friends keep saying could be the problem.

Doctor

A:   Hello.

It is unlikely that sperms once swallowed would have caused any allergic reaction as they are met with acid in the stomach and deactivated. But the consistency or the stickiness of the sperms can be a cause of the vomiting which is possible and common. However, the headache can be attributed to constant bobbing movement and exhaustion during the act which is likely. These are common and should be treated with increased water intake and hydration, and oral cleansing followed by rest. Also, as it was your first time, anxiety also plays a role in playing with your psyche.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you safe sexual practices.