I just got gynecomastia surgery, and i was told to

Patient

Q: I just got gynecomastia surgery, and i was told to wear a compression vest for 6 weeks. I wore it for about 5 days and never used it again, what could possibly happen if i don't use it? And ive been feeling fine, no pain what so ever.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an expert opinion,
The only concern about wearing a compression vest after the gynecomastia surgery is to disallow its reoccurrence. The ideal time for recovery from the surgical intervention is around 6 weeks and compression adds to better and sustained healing process by decreasing chances of repeat accumulation of adipose tissue under the nipple and chest area as compression doesn't allow the loose areolar tissue to accumulate before the surgical wound is remodelled and the skin along with sub cutaneous tissue achieves a proximity to the muscular chest wall layer without allowing the post-surgical dead space to be refilled with adipose tissue. So it is suggested that you should follow the advice of your operating surgeon and continue wearing compression vest.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you good health,