I just had a cervix biopsy and the opening of my vagina.

Patient

Q: I just had a cervix biopsy and the opening of my vagina is swollen or blocked. There is no pain. I had this procedure done on Friday. I noticed small swelling when I took a shower that night. Saturday night it was completely shut and it's the same time. Again it doesn't hurt but I'm not getting much discharge as the doctor said I would and I'm guessing it's because it's swollen or there is a blockage. Should I be concerned?

Doctor

A:   Hello.

A cervical biopsy should not cause a swelling in the vagina unless there has been a local injury during the procedure. It is indeed a likelihood that you may experience increased cervical discharge as a reaction of the body to the punch biopsy taken for HPE diagnosis. You may use cold compresses to reduce the swelling for 24 hrs, and if the swelling doesn't subside then you may have to visit your Physician for a review.
I hope I have answered your query in detail.

Wishing you good health.