I just had a condom break during sex I am

Patient

Q: I just had a condom break during sex. I am epileptic and take 1000 mg of keppra daily. However I have not had a seizure in over 15 years. I am 23 years old. How will taking plan B contraceptive tomorrow morning at 8 am affect me.

Doctor

Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,

There have been few interactions noted between KEPPRA and high dose progesterones like PLAN B but Levitracetam does not affect the pharmacokinetics of a progesterone pill like PLAN B, and on the basis of serum progesterone and LH levels which have been studied during checking interactions, it does not affect the contraceptive efficacy. So you can take plan-b tomorrow without any concern.

On the other hand, small side effects like nausea, headache and dizziness may occur which are innate to PLAN B and they can be countered by keeping the water intake high.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,
Wishing you safe sexual practices,