I just had sex for the second time

Patient: I just had sex for the second time and about 20 mins later I noticed vaginal bleeding. Is this normal? I did bleed the first time I had sex also just a small amount over the course of one day.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.It is not normal to experience bleeding after sexual intercourse. It is termed a post c oital bleeding and needs investigations. It could be due to friction at sex causing breach in the capillaries around the vaginal mucosa, a cervical polyp or local cysts, hormonal changes due to birth control pills and even an early pre-cancer stage of cancer cervix and cervical inflammations. Hence, it is recommended that you see a gynecologist for an examination and get a pap smear and an ultrasound done if needed to rule out the above causes. Early treatment will cure any condition mentioned above. Hence not to worry much.Hope this helped.Regards