I just had surgery to remove a cyst from the

Patient

Q: I just had surgery to remove a cyst from the right ovary, they had to also remove the right ovary. I'm experiencing a lot of pain. I had the surgery in the morning yesterday, but had to go back to the er because of the pain. They give me Percocet, but it just isn't doing enough. What should I do?

Symptoms:  Pain and dry mouth
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.
Read and understood that you had a surgery to remove the cyst and the ovary from your right side yesterday.
Now that you had to visit ER for the pain you have, and they give you percocet. But it is not helping you.

Ideally the surgery on the right ovary should be painless by next day.
If the pain is not getting a relief, you may insist on a clinical examination by a Surgeon and get an ultrasonography done to see if there is any internal problem like bleeding, hematoma formation or so.
You may please go back to the ER and insist for investigations and admission.

Do you have any other symptoms like bloating, nausea, vomiting or so?

Patient: Okay thank you for the information. Another thing is that they did completely remove the right ovary. When I went back to the ER they took my blood, hooked me up to an IV, and also took X-rays. They didn't tell me anything,and I left the hospital the same way as I went in. I do have a little bit of nausea. How much pain would removing the ovary cause?
Doctor: X-ray would help only to see if there is any intestinal obstruction.
Insist for Ultrasonography.
Was it an open surgery or through Laparoscopy?
The pain is usually very minimal and bearable unless two things are present:
1. Your pain tolerance is to less, OR
2. There is some complication like bleeding/ Hematoma or so.

Go back to ER if you are not feeling well.
Patient: I'm going back to the ER. I urinated blood today and I don't know what that means. Is there anything I should ask the doctor. They made 3 incisions, one on my belly button and the other two above my vagina. Is there any procedures I should make sure the doctor does? I'll make sure they do an ultrasonography.
Doctor: Hi.
Urinating the blood is a serious matter. This may mean trauma to the part of urinary tract. Just a possibility.
Three small incisions means the procedure was done by Laparoscopy.
You may please ask the Doctor the reason for blood in urine and possibility of further tests and admission and procedures if needed be.