I just have a question I have been searching for

Patient : I just have a question I have been searching for the answer of it for very long time. Now, why when we calculate our calories need per day we seprate it between protein, carbohydrates and fats ? My question here is why do we include protein ? If we don't want to waste any of protein as energy why do we calculate the calories which we will take from protein?
Symptoms:  I just have a question I have been searching for the answer of it for very long time. Now, why when we calculate our calories need per day we seprate it between protein, carbohydrates and fats ? My question here is why do we include protein ? If we don't want to waste any of protein as energy why do we calculate the calories which we will take from protein?