I just recently recieved a birth control prescription, and haven't

Patient : I just recently recieved a birth control prescription, and haven't started taking it. My last period was August 5, and looking at my cycle, I'm due to start again on Sept 2nd - right in the middle of competition. Is there a way to start my birth control prescription now to prevent this cycle? Or is there another alternative prescription available that can adjust the timing?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query at ATD. I have gone through your history and understood your concerns. Birth control pills usually has to start at 1st or 5 th day of menstrual cycle, continues up to one month. In your case you are in the middle of the cycle, so you can't start birth control pills. But you can take progesterone to postpone your cycle. So if you want to postpone your next cycle, you can plan it accordingly. Hope found useful, feel free to ask more questions. Good luck. Regards