I just started on 50 me of seroquel 4 days

Patient: I just started on 50 me of seroquel 4 days ago and feel extremely groggy, does this go away, if so how long?

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Seroquel is mostly a well tol erated drug and people taking it get used to it very quickly. Initially, dizziness, excessive drowsiness, nausea, stomach upset, slight headache, are all common symptoms. And most patients stop reporting these side effects within 2 weeks of using the drug.You should stop the medicine only if you have symptoms like convulsions, involuntary movements, severe fatigue, e.t.c and report it to the doctor who prescribed the medicine.Otherwise, the grogginess you are complaining off, will gradually subside in couple of weeks time.Hope this was helpful,Feel free to discuss further,Regards.