I just started taking amoxicillin on Friday at noon and

Patient

Q: I just started taking amoxicillin on Friday at noon and that night I started having a rash on the top of my hands. And the more I scrarch the more it spreads. But it is really itchy. And my head and left ear hurts. And when I drink water I am constantly feeling dehydrated and my mouth and lips are extremely dry. Is this an allergic reaction?

I just started taking amoxi...-1
Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
Amoxicillin can cause rash on body which is usually red colored associated with itch.
The rash may start within minutes to hours.
In the photograph, I cannot appreciate the rash . But if it is red colored raised lesions distributed symmetrically on both hands then it is most like a drug rash only.
Dryness can be a part of allergic reaction.
Pain left ear and head most likely indicates infection throat or ear.
Visit your doctor so that he can do physical examination and give you prescription accordingly.
You can share my opinion with him.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy.