I just started taking buspirone 5mg one in the morning

Q: I just started taking buspirone 5mg one in the morning and 2 at night. Im constantly dizzy and gets worse when i go to sit or lay down and im nauseated. Are those normal side effects?

Symptoms:  Dizzyness when going to sit or lay down and constant nasuea

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical health advice platform.
Yes, initiation of treatment with buspiron, one can have these symptoms. You have not mentioned the reason for which you have been prescribed buspiron.
Usually in cases where we need to give buspirone, and the person gets these symptoms, we start the medicine with the lower dose and gradually built the dose, so that there is development of tolerance to the side effects.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy