I just started to take an antibiotic a couple days

Patient

Q: I just started to take an antibiotic a couple days ago as part of my acne treatment . Ever since I started to take the pills my chest has been hurting and my lower throat too. It hurts to eat or drink because it feels like there is a pill stuck. I'm not sure if I should go to the hospital and get it looked at or is it common to feel like there's a pill stuck?

Symptoms:  Stuck pill feeling in lower throat and chest pain. Hard to eat and drink.
Doctor

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Doxycycline does not cause such a side effect in most cases. It is possible that the side effect is due to the dryness in the mouth that can occur with any medication. I recommend that you see your Doctor to confirm this. You may also be having acidity which is a side effect of doxycycline. Do confirm this with your Doctor. All the best.

Hope this helps you.