I just switched to a different Ortho-Tri-Cyclen generic birt

Patient

Q: I just switched to a different Ortho-Tri-Cyclen generic birth control pill and accidentally started the new pack with the Week 2 pills. Now that I am ending the Week 3 pills, should I go ahead and take the Week 1 pills or stop taking the pills altogether until my next cycle? I take the pills for cycle regulation, not for birth control, and I am not sexually active, so pregnancy is not an issue/concern. I would call my gynecologist but I can't get hold of her until Monday and I need to start my new week of pills tomorrow evening (Sunday).

Doctor